Sunday, January 25, 2009

Land of Oz

We're in Australia now, staying at a friend's house. They are the nicest people, letting us stay here for a week. After this we're going to stay at their beach house for three weeks which they said we should stay at, and they are lending us a car and maybe a computer. It's crazy-- I feel like we're getting too much. They also plan to cook us dinner every night (we're going to take them out once, although thtis is silly because we don't have a car other than theirs and we don't know about the restaurants here. Well, at least we'll pay), and have given us rooms with air conditioning (the main couple's room doesn't even have ac). I'm using one of their computers now, so the time that blogger says it is should be the actual time. If not, it's 7:20 am here.

The family is a couple and about a million kids, all now in their twenties or older. They each had prior marriages, so one has four kids and the other three, but most of them spend most of their time here. I think. The father is a psychiatrist and works with my mom, so that's our connection. Last time we came to AUS we stayed here also. This house is clearly the place to be, because of what I remember from last time and how it is this time friends of the kids are always over. Last time there were much smaller kids, even younger than me (I think they may have been younger siblings of the friends of the kids). I'm so confused who's who. At meals there seem to always be many many people there, sometimes that the parents down't even know that well. Last night there were I think three kids and three not-kids (one of them is living here because her partner is one of the kids, but they actually just bought a house together yesteday), and everyone was extremely sweet. The food was delicious also (homemade Thai curry--- mmmmmmmmm).

We woke up super early because of the time change, so most people are still asleep. I don't have much more to say right now, because we haven't really done anything yet. One thing is that I actually have to start doing schoolwork again, which is bizarre and vaguely stressful. Oh well, at least most of the work is pretty fun.

I'm going to leave now, because I should go answer questions about Persepolis. Or do Spanish. Or math. Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment