Friday, January 9, 2009

Fiji days 3+4

Thursday, Jan 8 7:47 pm

Our power went out a couple minutes ago. It was very dark. Now I have the computer which is bright, and I think T and D are going to try turn on the generator. Silly silly.

There's a storm, hence the power outage, that's been going on the last day and a half. There was a cyclone about 100 miles from here, which is how the storm started, and then today it has been (according to the people at the resort) "just" a tropical storm. There have been moments every half hour or so when it rains literally buckets. Moments when it feels like we're in the shower.

My room smells like candle now, because M just lit one. Everybody else has been running around trying to get lights.

Let there be light! The generator started working.

Anyways, so my last two days have been pretty uneventful, but still very fun. We built a sandcastle two days ago before the storm got really bad, and since we've been playing a lot of scrabble and taking walks in the rain.

Well, I should go to bed, because we have to get up at 4 tomorrow to get to the airport. I'm so sad we have to leave. I love it here, even (actually especially) with the storm.

Sleep tight, dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment