Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ready, Set, --wait, did you remember the sunscreen?

Packing. What a wonderful task. We have two days left-- seems like time enough, right? Because, like any other big project, we should take it one step at a time, slowly until we're done. Of course as always, there are small exceptions-- clothing packing is best to do at the end, when we won't need the clothing any more. But, what about dealing with computer organization? We need our computers before we go. And schoolwork. I can't pack that up until I'm done. The list of tasks that would be easier to do last minute is not exactly short. Two days. Well, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to pack that green suitcase.

To be fair, we got a lot done today. My parents started to pack their respective suitcases, and I took out all the t-shirts and pants I'll need on the trip. They're spread out along my floor now, creating a colorful maze to get from the door of my room to my bed, which I'll also have to clear of some of my many "objects that I should bring but I don't have room" piles before I try to sleep. I hope I don't wake up with the print of a Converse on my forehead.

Ah, and the schoolwork. I've been trying to finish all my assignments for the first semester, which ends late-January. I've finished Spanish, done most of math, and am trying to finish Lit (and hopefully math) before Friday. I'd really rather not be integrating cosine functions while lying on the beach in Fiji.

Speaking of Fiji, for those of you who don't know, our itinerary:
Jan3-4: flying through SFO and LAX to Fiji
Jan5-9: stay in Fiji (beach, sun, rain, poisonous reef fish and tap water...)
Jan9-12: fly to Christchurch, NZ, stay there for a little bit
Jan12-25: traveling around the NZ south island, exploring fjords, seeing penguins, and jumping on trampoleens.
Jan25-31: fly to and stay in Brisbane, Australia
Feb1-22: stay in beach house on Stradbroke Island (off the coast of Brisbane)
Feb22-Mar33: fly to and live in Christchurch NZ, parents work

Many of these places (such as Fiji, traveling around south island, most of beach house) we will not have internet. So my posts may include many adventures.

Well, I should probably go read the Epic of Gilgamesh. I'll try and write again after Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment